Monday, August 4, 2008

 

Pleasant weekend

After so many weeks of having to work through either Saturday or Sunday, it was a nice change to have had last weekend free. I spent Saturday morning with my sons. Took them jalan-jalan in Sunway Pyramid and then had lunch at Kenny's Roasters, which they thoroughly enjoyed. Their favourite is Mac & Cheese. Even little Joel can finish the whole bowl. After lunch I got them home, then took Jon for his art and music classes. Hubby and I went off to attend a wedding in Cheras. Managed to catch the pengantins arriving. The wedded couples consist of a man and his bride, plus his sister and her groom. Super! Less worries for the parents. In the evening, after picking up Jon, we were at home. Rather boring, but not so tiring for us. Then Jeremy and I had a quick dinner and we were off to Sri Aman for its Musical Nite.
What do I think of it? I think it was a very good effort by the teachers and students. Generally the event went smoothly except for the little hiccup due to disconnected wires. Otherwise, I thought the students put up a good show. The dancers were rather good. The songs were quite well-delivered. I thought that having 2 cupids on the stage was a little too much though. But they were cute-looking angels. The choir was good mostly. They sort of started their song a little early with "Think of Me". The orchestra was all right, slightly messy for "Phantom of the Opera". I don't think the arrangement was that good. Sounded awkward. But the girls played well. Most of all, Jeremy enjoyed himself. He was rather good the whole night. I am proud of him. After that we adjourned to McD. He waanted supper and since he was soooooooo good, I relented. Nuggets and Ribena for supper!!!
Sunday was also a nice day. After church and all, hubby decided to take me to the movies to watch Dark Knight. Jon refused to be left behind, so he came too. Oh well, but he also had a good time except he was a little upset with all the explosions. He hates explosions, even the sound of balloons bursting. Then we went o Pasar Malam and later visited a friend's mum who is suffering from cancer. She looks ok, but we understand that it's terminal and there is little hope for recovery. That is sad and we hope that the family will be able to deal with it in the future.
All in all, it might sound like a boring weekend to some, but it was pleasant and not too taxing. It was a more "normal" weekend and I'm glad I spent it with my family. After the neglect the last few months, they deserve better.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]