Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 

Ridiculous people

Some people can be extremely ridiculous when it comes to what is allowed to be performed in this country / state / city. Now what has prompted this uneasy feeling in me? Certainly not the protests about letting Avril perform here. Not a fan of hers.
So .... what had happened? Well, Sri Aman was approached by another events company to provide cheerleaders for an event. They were going to pay quite a fair amount of money, but that is besides the point. It would be great experience for the B*starz to go this time, since most of D*starz would be busy (PMR trials and all as well as PRS gathering). So we went through the process of faxing and phoning to confirm things etc. Unfortunately, I was told that the event could not include a cheer performance. WHY??????
Okay, here's the deal. The event is by a foreign company, launching a new product. Venue is in Titiwangsa. Which political party is in charge there? The same one that protested the Avril concert. So it was decided that it is NOT appropriate to have cheerleaders prancing around there. And so, no cheerleading performance. I wonder if they would protest if it was a performance by male cheerleaders? Anyway, another round of frustrations for me and the cheer girls. I did not tell them the reason we are not going, only told the captain.
I really wonder, are these people sooooooooooooooooooooo narrow minded? Do they honestly think that the presence of cheerleaders will reflect badly on a "religious" political party? While part of me understands the whole deal, I cannot accept it. It is just beyond me. Anyone has any comments about this? To me, Malaysia is already 51 years old, very much an ADULT. And yet we are governed by people who do NOT behave like adults. Are we always to be told what CAN and CANNOT be done in public? Are we always going to be told what is appropriate and what is not? Moral police, are they? If they are talking about "coupling" in the Lake Gardens, I can FULLY understand. Or even if they were talking about doing some art exhibitions that feature nudity, YES, I can understand. BUT young girls performing in a sport, THAT I cannot understand.
So please, I welcome comments.

Comments:
They are completely ridiculous, these bigots. I hate these kind of people. Especially the ones who do a double take when they find out that I'm a half and half. They treated me like I was a freak or something, that I was inferior to them just because I wasn't pure like them.

Oh well. If only those haters can see where I am now.. *smug*
 
Hey teacher! :D
I can completely agree with you that they are absolutely narrow-minded. Based on issues happening now, it's really ridiculous that they're not paying enough attention to issues that actually matter. Like mosquitoes, we're not really sure why they're here, but they are and they're taking things from us. Haha, I don't know how much sense I make, but yep. POV, really.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]