Friday, September 5, 2008
Amazed by all that has transpired
Those of you who have been lurking around here know what I have been fussing about. I have truly been amazed by many things in the last 24 hours.
Firstly, I am amazed that my little blog, has been visited by people other than friends, students, ex-students. Even my hubby only got to know about my blog this morning (!!!) when I told him! And he still hasn't read my blog, nor do I think he wants to!
Secondly, I'm amazed that one of my posts has been circulated into the hands of a prominent politician and he posted my entire post in his blog. Maybe I have fantastic writing skills? (NOT!)
Thirdly, I'm amazed with my students. They are understanding beyond their years, and they understood what I had shared with them about my midnight anxiety. Their responses gave me hope, that they WILL grow up to be a generation of capable leaders one day.
Fourthly, I'm amazed that some colleagues, and my boss, have been so positive about the whole thing. I have a lot of respect for my boss. Why? She is a person who is not only dynamic, but also "far sighted". She sees beyond the school walls, beyond what most people are satisfied to achieve. She is one "think outside the box" person. In the 4 years she has been here, she has brought many changes to the school. She has pushed us beyond our comfort zone. Yes, it is tiring and half the time I feel like I'm playing catch up with her. But this is more challenging and far better than just "sit tight and wait for things to happen". No doubt I do not always agree 100% with her (Who can sincerely say they do?), but I see her vision. When she shares about what she hopes for, I see what she is trying to achieve. I'm amazed with her.
Fifthly, the former Mr Opposition actually emailed me back! I sent him an email with regards to the matter in #2. He emailed me back very promptly. No, I don't know if his assistant wrote the email, but the point is : I got a reply within 12 hours.
Someone asked if I am going to stop blogging because of this. My answer is a resounding NO! There is no reason to. I have always tried (really tried) to be fair in my words here. And I hope that whoever comes by and reads, read with an open mind, and open heart. And if you wish to take any part of my posts and use it anywhere, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU DO IT! I would truly appreciate that.
Firstly, I am amazed that my little blog, has been visited by people other than friends, students, ex-students. Even my hubby only got to know about my blog this morning (!!!) when I told him! And he still hasn't read my blog, nor do I think he wants to!
Secondly, I'm amazed that one of my posts has been circulated into the hands of a prominent politician and he posted my entire post in his blog. Maybe I have fantastic writing skills? (NOT!)
Thirdly, I'm amazed with my students. They are understanding beyond their years, and they understood what I had shared with them about my midnight anxiety. Their responses gave me hope, that they WILL grow up to be a generation of capable leaders one day.
Fourthly, I'm amazed that some colleagues, and my boss, have been so positive about the whole thing. I have a lot of respect for my boss. Why? She is a person who is not only dynamic, but also "far sighted". She sees beyond the school walls, beyond what most people are satisfied to achieve. She is one "think outside the box" person. In the 4 years she has been here, she has brought many changes to the school. She has pushed us beyond our comfort zone. Yes, it is tiring and half the time I feel like I'm playing catch up with her. But this is more challenging and far better than just "sit tight and wait for things to happen". No doubt I do not always agree 100% with her (Who can sincerely say they do?), but I see her vision. When she shares about what she hopes for, I see what she is trying to achieve. I'm amazed with her.
Fifthly, the former Mr Opposition actually emailed me back! I sent him an email with regards to the matter in #2. He emailed me back very promptly. No, I don't know if his assistant wrote the email, but the point is : I got a reply within 12 hours.
Someone asked if I am going to stop blogging because of this. My answer is a resounding NO! There is no reason to. I have always tried (really tried) to be fair in my words here. And I hope that whoever comes by and reads, read with an open mind, and open heart. And if you wish to take any part of my posts and use it anywhere, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU DO IT! I would truly appreciate that.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
