Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

Dedicated to a certain someone who has been having problems

My dear, you're not the first, and certainly not the last who will have problems with parents. You are also not the only one who suddenly discovers that there are skeletons in your family's closet. Things are not always easy for some people. I have discovered that early in life. I too had massive problems, and I had an undesirable past. That's why I try so hard to understand what you're going through. I cut you a lot of slack partly because you needed it. And you know that I have been kinder than usual where you're concerned. At this point you need some room, some space. So, ok. You're given that space to do whatever you want. And I hope that you appreciate that. SEE how much some people have gone out of their way to cater to your needs. You might not agree with me. But you need to see, and acknowledge that you have more going for you than you realise. At the risk of counding preachy, you have to learn to be grateful. Be grateful for all that you have been given, the good, and also the not-so-good. One thing I have learned is that the not-so-good things? They make you stronger. They make you more resillient. Do not bow to pressure and troubles. Overcome them. Then you'll be a better person, a happier person. The last few days, my thoughts had constantly drifted to you and what you're going through. I have worried about you. And I have done my best to help. I hope you will also accept other people's help.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]