Tuesday, September 9, 2008

 

Internet connection has been maddening & ...

Sigh! Just when I thought my internet connection has no problem, it has to happen. The last few days have been maddening. It connects and disconnects practically every few minutes. Loading pictures is almost impossible. Games? Forget about it.
On a brighter note, I am very proud of my students, past and present, even those I don't teach. They have been very cooperative. When I changed my url, they cooperated and kept my new one rather private, and did not link me, as requested. I wonder if they know who I am trying to keep out. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. It doesn't matter.
Stress level seems to be rather high right now. The SPM trial exam is on. The form 3 students are going through a pre-PMR programme. The teachers? All busy with marking papers and a million other things. Me? Still trying to figure out where to take my form 3 after PMR. Am seriously considering Tmn Negara if the price is right, and the students are keen, and their parents allow.
But Penang is a very likely trip. My thoughts for the Penang trip :
Day 1
8am Leave PJ
10:30 am Arrive at Kelly's Castle, Batu Gajah. Hang around for about 30-40 minutes.
12:00pm Arrive in Ipoh. Lunch at a to be decided place.
2:00pm Leave Ipoh.
3:00pm Arrive in Taiping. Visit Lake Garden. Zoo (to be decided)
4:30pm Leave Taiping.
6:30pm Arrive at RECSAM, Penang. Check in and freshen up.
7:30pm Leave for Dinner. Then jalan-jalan at Batu Ferringhi
10:30pm Back at RECSAM.

Day 2
7:00am Rise and shine and freshen up.
8:30am Breakfast at RECSAM cafeteria.
9:30am Leave to visit Kek Lok Si, Thai Buddhist Temple, Esplanade
12:30pm Lunch at a to be decided place. (Probably Nasi Kandar)
2:00pm Museum, Butterfly Farm, Fruit Farm, Batik Factory (Teluk Bahang)
6:30 pm Early dinner at Gurney Drive
7:30pm Jalan2 at Gurney Drive / Gurney Plaza
9:30pm Back to RECSAM

Day 3
7:00am Rise and shine and freshen up
8:30am Breakfast at RECSAM or somewhere else
9:30am Botanical garden, shopping at Chowrasta
11:30am Back to RECSAM to check out.
12:30pm Lunch at a to be decided place
2:00pm Leave Penang.
5:00pm Stopover at Gua Tempurung R & R for 15-20 minutes
7:00pm Arrive in PJ

This is just a rough plan. Just my thoughts. Cost ... don't know yet. If we can have 40 people, maybe we can keep it to below RM200 per person without lunch and dinner. Sigh. Headache.

As for Pangkor Island, much as a lot of people like to go, the cost will be much higher than Penang, and there will be the problem of getting a ferry for all of us. Double sigh.

Genting ... should be on. I just need to register you all, and also work out the cost. Triple sigh.

The choco factory and all, should also be on. Just have to work out the details and then register you all. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I will update when I can.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]