Monday, September 15, 2008

 

Just a relaxing lunch date

Having lunch at Italiannies with my good friend was just THE thing to do. It was good to just relax and have good food, plus we had the place almost all to ourselves. I think we were there for almost 2 1/2 hours. How time just passed! Many might wonder ... these two never run out of things to talk about? Well, I guess NOT! We have plenty to talk about, from catching up on the weekend to how our kids are to our friends (oops, gossips) and yes, to people we don't particularly care for (wooooh, more gossips).
So ... I am now 39 years old. Yes, approaching the big 40. For those of you who came up to me with birthday wishes, thank you very much. I appreciate it. For those who didn't, it's no big deal. There are always birthdays to celebrate. Once you get to your thirties, somehow, you don't want to be reminded you're older. I used to get extremely depressed during my birthdays. From the time I was about 21 or so, I used to dread celebrating my birthday. Somehow, I would feel all weepy and sad. I think, this is the first year, since then, that I have not dreaded my birthday. I actually had a pleasant day, albeit without my other half (who had better bring back something expensive from Scotland)!!!!! I enjoyed my kids and it was just a good day to remember who I am, and what roles I play. Yeah, I'm 39! And you people who are reading this ... DON'T GO AROUND SPREADING THE WORD OF MY AGE!!!
Ahhhh the spelling test! We had a very interesting spelling test today, for the form 4s, and in my own form 3 classes. I think I killed some of them with the words, and the pronunciations. So sorry, girls. Just thought it'd be a good jolt out of your comfort zone! Did that work???
Tomorrow ... well, I don't know what to make of tomorrow. It is Sept 16, the anniversary of the formation of Malaysia. And it is the day a certain someone has promised he will take over. And it is the day I'm going to get hubby home!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]